CAREL is an innovative leader in the field of humidification. Carel product lines for the US market are manufactured in Manheim, Pennsylvania. This Italian based manufacturer was founded in 1973 in Padova, Italy. Since that time, they have added facilities in Europe, Asia, and the Americas. Carel is a progressive company with advanced designs of both isothermal and adiabatic commercial humidification systems.
The humiSonic range comprises two versions, meeting the needs of all applications: humiSonic compact, small enough to be installed on a fan coil, and humiSonic direct, for room distribution.
- Energy saving: just 10% of the power consumption of steam humidifiers
- Reliability: 10,000 hours of uninterrupted operation guaranteed
- Precision: relative humidity control of ±1% on the set point
- Absorption efficiency: the droplets evaporate instantly
- Easy installation: plug & play solution
- Maximum hygiene: no water recirculation and periodical washing cycles
Air & Water Atomizers
Compressed air humidifiers are the ideal humidification solution whenever a compressed air supply is available, as is the case in many industrial applications, even if humidification systems are often fitted with a dedicated air compressor.
- High capacity: applications in rooms or ducts where more than 507 lb/h of humidification is required
- Multizone applications: applications in multiple zones, rooms or ducts, each with its own humidity/temperature set point
- Automatic nozzle self-cleaning system: each cabinet, master and slave, periodically activates a cycle for drying and cleaning the atomising nozzles
Pressurized Water Humidifiers
Pressurized water humidifiers exploit the potential energy transferred to the water by a special volumetric pump in the form of high pressure (generally 70 bars), so as to achieve very fine atomization through special nozzles.
- Consumes just 4W per gallon/h capacity, less than 1% of any steam humidifier.
- Humidifies the air during winter, cools the air in summer by direct and indirect evaporative cooling
- Choice of single zone or multizone models
- Standard models are available with capacities from 220 to 1323 lb/h and custom models up to 11023 lb/h
- Suitable for all applications that require a high level of hygiene
- “Silicon free” version available with steel pump for painting applications
Immersed Electrode Humidifiers
Compared to electric heater or gas-fired humidifiers, immersed electrode humidifiers:
- Are less expensive to purchase
- Operate with drinking water (not completely demineralized or softened)
- Require only periodical replacement (or cleaning) of the cylinder
- Feature modulation suitable for comfort or industrial applications, without extreme requirements
Centralized Steam Distribution
ultimateSAM is an atmospheric or pressurised steam dispersion system, designed to uniformly and effectively distribute dry steam into ducts or air handling units.
The features of the ultimateSAM humidification system make it a perfect solution for all humidification requirements in AHUs/ducts in various applications including hospitals, biomedical facilities, libraries, museums, offices, shopping centers, data centers, telecommunications and others.
Gas-Fired Steam Humidifiers
CAREL’s gaSteam family of gas-fired humidifiers run on natural gas or LPG, and are fitted with a sophisticated built-in electronic controller that can also manage other types of gas by simply setting a number of burner calibration parameters. gaSteam is available in 99, 198 and 397 lb/h models.
The exclusive design of the heat exchanger ensures very high efficiency (94-96%) and easy maintenance. The price gap between gas and electricity makes gaSteam the ideal choice for more high load applications, where steam is required many hours a day, allowing savings in the thousands of dollars per year.
The CAREL heaterSteam range of high-precision heater humidifiers represent the latest step in the development of heater humidifiers in terms of performance, reliability and versatility.
- Models from 4 to 176 lb/h are available
- Extensive connectivity allows seamless communication with any BMS system
- Ultra-resistant titanium or Incoloy® heaters
- Exceptional performance: ±1% around the relative humidity set point
- Units work with any type of water