Active Power designs and manufactures ingenious critical backup power systems and continuous infrastructure solutions that work behind the scenes, enabling data centers and other mission critical operations to remain “on” 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
When you choose an Active Power solution, you can breathe easier in every way possible. You’ll get peace-of-mind that your critical operations are protected, you’ll see improved bottom-line expense performance, and you will be part of the growing global movement to reduce industrial environmental impact.
Active Power is an established provider of efficient, reliable and green critical power solutions that ensure business continuity in the event of power disturbances. Active Power’s expert system engineers and worldwide service and support teams ensure that enterprises around the globe have the power to perform. Founded in 1992, Active Power protects operations in more than 40 countries with unique flywheel UPS systems and turnkey power solutions. Active Power’s systems are built, with pride, in Austin, Texas, at a state-of-the-art, ISO 9001:2008 registered manufacturing center.
Flywheels store energy in a compact spinning mass. This allows flywheels to store energy in less space than the equivalent set of batteries. Further, Active Power has integrated the flywheel energy storage into its products, eliminating redundant power electronics so they are half the size of competing UPS systems.
The integration of the flywheel into Active Power products sharply increases energy efficiency of the total system . The CleanSource 300 UPS systems, for example, are up to 98% energy efficient – less than a third the losses of a traditional UPS using batteries. And unlike batteries, CleanSource flywheels do not require a specific ambient temperature to maintain peak performance, which reduces the cooling burden in your facility.
The integrated flywheel energy storage at the core of Active Power’s products allow for the delivery of predictable, consistent backup power. The use of the CleanSource 750HD UPS reduces the risk of electrical system failure by 80% compared to a traditional UPS with batteries. Active Power systems are proven to perform where and when it matters most.
Active Power flywheels enable a competitive first cost combined with lower ongoing expenses – as much as a 60% reduction in operating expense over 5 years.
Clean Source UPS Systems
The new Active Power CSHD UPS system provides 750 kVA of always-on power protection in the most compact footprint in its kVA class. Competitively priced out-of-the-box, the new CSHD UPS operates at up to 97% efficiency and delivers 30% annual OPEX savings. Parallel up to seven systems for multi-megawatt configurations.
The new Active Power CSHD UPS system provides 625 kVA of always-on power protection in the most compact footprint in its kVA class. Competitively priced out-of-the-box, the new CSHD UPS operates at up to 97% efficiency and delivers 30% annual OPEX savings.
Z-Series (up to 1200 kVA)
CleanSource® UPS Z-Series systems are designed for maximum flexibility and scalability to support data center applications of all sizes and configurations. Includes full paralleling support for larger applications.
G-Series (up to 600 kVA)
CleanSource® UPS G-Series systems are optimized for small and mid-sized data center applications, featuring an internal maintenance bypass panel for maximum space efficiency and convenience.
IC Series (up to 1500 kVA)
Specifically designed to meet large capacity needs in 400V markets, Active Power’s iC-Series provides unmatched modularity, reliability, and flexibility in a UPS. This system uses 250 kVA modules in a redundant configuration to improve reliability. Supports up to 1500 kVA (1350 KW) in a single line-up – Active Power’s largest single system.
Single Module Systems (up to 300 kVA)
Active Power CleanSource® 300 UPS single module systems provide flywheel-based power conditioning and backup power for small data centers in the most compact footprint available.
Power Quality with Clean Source UPS
CleanSource UPS provides clean, reliable power to your data center, protecting operations against all types of disturbances.
CleanSource UPS samples the electrical input 333 times every cycle or once every 50 micro-seconds and eliminates every transient using its static switch, line inductance, line capacitance, active filtering, power converters and flywheel energy storage.
The system senses voltage deviation from nominal and immediately corrects back to the prevailing nominal. Upon a complete loss of input power or a major deviation in input voltage or frequency, the UPS will disconnect from the utility source and flywheel energy will be used to support the load at nominal voltage until the backup diesel generator comes online.
Display & Monitoring
Active Power CleanSource UPS systems feature a state-of-the-art operator interface to provide users with maximum visibility to system status, performance, events and maintenance requirements. The brilliant 10″ LCD display and intuitive touch-screen control make it easy to view any level of detail in one of 10 languages.
Active Power CSView Monitoring & Control Software
Active Power’s proprietary CleanSource ViewTM (CSView) monitoring and control software enables real-time system visibility from virtually anywhere. By utilizing common data and connectivity with our CleanSource View (CSView) monitoring and control software and data integration options to your Building Management System (BMS), Active Power offers you the degree of system visibility and service that you need to manage your critical power infrastructure.
- Enables constant visibility of your critical power infrastructure via a unique, user-friendly software tool from virtually anywhere
- Provides real-time telemetry in a variety of intuitive formats via continuous monitoring and evaluation of your Active Power systems
- Accessible on site or from anywhere in the world
- Wireless phone, PDA, Email notification
Maintenance Services & Warranty Plans
Keep your investment running
Active Power offers a comprehensive maintenance program that helps to ensure that your UPS system works continuously, without any issues, throughout its lifecycle.
Preservation and restoration of system reliability before it has an opportunity to fail including the replacement of mineral oil required for proper flywheel operation.
Replacement of the bearing to ensure optimum reliability of the flywheel.
DC Capacitor Replacement
Replacement of the capacitors prior to the end of expected life helps maximize UPS uptime.
Active Power’s limited warranty guarantees no-cost repair labor and parts for 12 months after system installation. Additional extended warranty options are available as well.
Active Power – PowerHouse Modular Solution
Active Power designs and manufactures critical backup power systems and continuous infrastructure solutions that work behind the scenes, enabling data centers and other mission critical operations to remain “on” 24 hours a day, seven days a week. PowerHouse is their modular, portable, continuous power system available for rapid deployment based on Active Power’s high-efficiency and highly resilient architecture.
The complete system is housed in a purpose-built enclosure and can be deployed in any number of locations – a roof, loading bays, secure compounds or even a parking lot or structure.
Engineered for efficiency.
PowerHouse consists of six key elements, all pre-assembled and tested by Active Power and delivered as an integrated system. Utilize the key numbers for more information about each component.
- CleanSource UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply). This UPS features the most advanced power conditioning performance available today while maintaining the industry’s smallest footprint. Integrated with field-proven Active Power flywheel technology, CleanSource UPS protects sensitive equipment from voltage sags and surges to complete power interruptions. When installed into PowerHouse, CleanSource UPS creates a predictable, continuous power system that will ride through power outages to keep critical operations up and running. CleanSource UPS is the ideal UPS solution in a PowerHouse system because of its compact footprint, ruggedness and overall high efficiency.
- Generator. PowerHouse uses standby diesel generators from leading vendors that are able to start and assume the load in less than 10 seconds. The generator and its controls have been closely integrated to work seamlessly within the PowerHouse architecture. The controls provide access to critical performance data and communicate to a common monitoring and controls console for the PowerHouse.
- GenSTART™ from Active Power is a battery-free starting module system that adds additional nines of availability to multiple standby generator sets. GenSTART supplies 1725 cold cranking amps to each generator set starting motor, so you can be assured starting power is available when it’s most critical – at start-up. GenSTART has battery paralleling capabilities to allow for redundant DC voltage sources. GenSTART is unique to PowerHouse, helping deliver the most reliable power architecture in the market.
- Switchgear. Switchgear plays an important role in tying the critical power path together in a small footprint with serviceability in mind. PowerHouse includes purpose-built, mission critical grade switchgear that provides optimal distribution to the electrical or mechanical loads supported by the PowerHouse.
- Monitoring and Control System. PowerHouse provides a centralized, integrated system for monitoring and controlling your continuous power solution. The system integrates thousands of telemetry points from all the major elements of PowerHouse and provides visibility through both a full-color touch-screen display inside and via a single ModBus feed to your building management system, enabling visibility and control of PowerHouse performance from the enclosure or any desktop.
- Enclosure. The entire electrical architecture is housed in a purpose-built enclosure that provides rugged protection of the power equipment in the smallest footprint possible while adhering to applicable electrical and environmental standards. The enclosure integrates a variety of solutions for fire detection, noise suppression, emission control, lighting, air conditioning and other systems.
PowerHouse 400V is available in a series of standard systems from 200kW up to 800kW of critical power. The solutions are designed for maximum flexibility and scalability to support a wide variety of data center applications, enabling expansion of backup power infrastructure on demand. Systems include full paralleling support for larger applications.
PowerHouse 480V is available in a series of standard systems from 240kW p to 960kW of critical power. The solutions are designed for maximum flexibility and scalability to support a wide variety of data center applications, enabling expansion of backup power infrastructure on demand. Systems include full paralleling support for larger applications.